Welcome to the Monticello Woods Homeowners Association Website. Here you will find out about community activities, events, and announcements for our scheduled board and committee meetings. Questions? Please contact your HOA Board and Committee volunteers. Their contact information is in the left hand panel on this page. The Board is anxious to do everything possible to make Monticello Woods an even better place to live in Williamsburg.
A great place to live in Williamsburg, VA
This is the official site of the Monticello Woods
Monticello Woods is a community of 149 residential properties whose owners form the membership of the Monticello Woods Home Owner's Association. The Association is governed by an elected Board of Directors in accordance with it's governing documents. Copies of each of these are provided to prospective homeowners during the time they are first under a contract to purchase property in Monticello Woods, and all of these are available for reference or download on the Library page of this website.
The Homeowners' Association owns approximately 50 acres of community property, including a community center, pool, hiking trails, two ponds, and large greenspace areas which are protected by special greenspace covenants and conservation easements.
What a Home Owners' Association Is:
- A corporation with a duty to its members for managing all the assets of the association for the benefit of its members.
- The organization chartered in our Governing Documents to responsibly enforce our rules and covenants. Our guidelines and the Governing Documents are available on the Library page of this website.
- A community resource for defining and maintaining standards for the appearance of properties.
- A great group of homeowners committed to making Montiello Woods an attractive place to live and own property.
What a Home Owners' Association Isn't:
If you'd like us to consider a suggestion about our community, please contact the Association Manager or any Monticello Woods Board Member. Or come to one of our Board meetings, which our members are encouraged to attend.
- We are not a layer of local government. We don't have the authority to make laws or operate a police force, for example.
- Our interests extend beyond our borders to the extent that external isues potentially cross our boundaries and affect our members, but we are not a political entity.
- While we are broadly interested in the appearance of the neighborhood, we are narrowly empowered the duties specified in our Governing Documents and as established by Virginia's Property Owners' Associations Act.
- We lack authority to enforce local, state, or federal laws. Government laws and procedures take precedence over all of our activities as a homeowners association just as they apply to us as individuals. However, enforcement of government rules and procedures must be done by them, not us.
If you have a specific complaint about an action of any Monticello Woods board or committee (including the Board of Directors), please present your concerns in writing to the Association Manager or the President, so that it can be placed on the agenda for a Board of Directors meeting.
Board meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday evening of every month. The sessions are open to all of our members, beginning at 7pm.